Thursday, April 7, 2011

Une américaine à Paris…

America is my country, and Paris is my hometown. -Gertrude Stein
In an effort to give more background information on who I am and where I've come from, I've decided to do a quick recap post on my time living in Paris.  I moved to Paris, France in February of 2011 to finish my bachelor's degree in the History of Art.  It was absolute perfection.  Though it was still chilly upon my arrival I was able to miss all the snow, I lived in the 14th arrondissement with a woman named Marie Antoinette (no joke) and I was able to listen dreamily on the metro to "April in Paris" for the entire month of April while I got to know Paris.

The fourteenth is the southernmost arrondissement, and I lived mere steps from the Porte d'Orleans metro stop just south of Montparnasse

But one of the highlights of my French sojourn was certainly stalking the Dior tents in the Tuileries Gardens during Paris Fashion Week.  Not only did my tent-crashing yield some inspired street-style photos...




 

...I also ended up with a couple cool model shots!  That last one is Coco Rocha, who I really admire and have worshiped from afar for years now.  Did anyone else see those amazing shots released after her wedding?  So dramatic...







But my ultimate reward for lounging around the tents all day were these shots (and yes, these are all from my own camera, I could her reached out and touched these gorgeous women) of the then-Editor-in-Chief of French Vogue, the amazing Carine Roitfeld...


 
Le sigh. Ahh, Paris.  How I miss it!  That's all for this morning, friends... til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...