Friday, January 6, 2012

A New Year means new beginnings...

What the caterpillar calls the end the rest of the world calls a butterfly.  -Lao Tzu

Oh, friends.  A new year.  New beginnings, new resolutions.  It is my desire and intention to finally commit fully to this blog project, but I'll need to seriously devote some time to figuring out my iPhone and DIY blog formatting.  I'm not super happy with the way this looks yet, but I'm getting there and slowly figuring things out.

Graduate school has been challenging, rewarding, and exhausting, and is largely responsible for my severe lack of posts during the months from September through December.  In recent news, I'm about to start my second semester, we're totally demo-ing and re-doing our kitchen, dining room, and living room, and I'm starting to get really antsy for some creative projects.  Blog, blog, blog!

In the spirit of the Lao Tzu quote, here is a dress I'm currently lusting for on ModCloth.  I'm a member of the ModSquad (hoping to renew my membership this month) and really want to start getting involved in street style posts from Detroit and Ann Arbor.  I'm also hoping to rejuvenate my wardrobe this year: I'm getting where I want to be but trying to focus on bright colors, classic cuts, and creative, quirky prints.  We shall see what the new year brings...

Current color obsessions include bright red, mustard yellow, and burnt orange.

Hopefully I can start getting an outfit post schedule together!  I'm also hoping for some collaboration shoots with a couple of photographer friends soon!

What are your new year's resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...